You are encouraged to build a schedule based on available and open sections. If a class is full, check to see if there is a wait list available. If there is, you may add yourself to the wait list.
During the registration period, UMR administrators will review the waitlist to determine which students have the highest need and prioritize accordingly. Students with the highest need will be moved to the top of the waitlist and automatically enrolled if a seat becomes available. If enrollment occurs, you are entering into and agreeing to a legally-binding contract to pay all tuition and fees and non-refundable fees. There may be times when your Student Success Coach will advise you to drop from the waitlist and enroll in another open section.
At any time prior to being enrolled, you can either remove yourself from the wait list or, once enrolled, drop the class if you no longer want to be enrolled. This is in accordance with the cancel/add and refund deadlines.
Note: this automatic process will not be completed if it will create a time conflict in your schedule or if there is a registration hold on your account. Either arrange your schedule to allow for the wait listed class, or use the "future swap" option.
- Log into MyU: Academics.
- Click the Registration sub-tab.
- Click the Register button.
- Select the appropriate term and click Continue. If you are only eligible for one term, you will skip this step.
- Add the classes you would like to your Shopping Cart. Enter a class number or use the class search.
- If a class is full and a waitlist is available, it will be indicated by an orange triangle that says wait list.
- Check the Wait list if class is full box to indicate that you would like to add yourself to the wait list.
- Note that you will be automatically enrolled from the wait list if a space becomes available. Click Ok on the message.
- Now that the class has been added to your shopping cart, click the Proceed to Step 2 of 3 button to continue.
- Confirm you want to be added to the class wait list and then click the Finish Enrolling button.
- View your results. A green checkmark indicates you were successfully added to the class wait list.
- You can also go to My Class Schedule to verify that you are on the wait list and check the class status.
To open the guide in a new window, use the full-screen version.
Do not seek instructor permission for UMR courses that are full. Instead, add yourself to the wait list per the instructions above. For courses that require permission for reasons other than seat capacity, you must complete and submit the Permission to Enroll form. This form will be reviewed by UMR faculty and administrators; you will be emailed a response within 48 hours of submittal. If approved, you will be emailed additional registration instructions.