Before you complete your degree and graduate, you’ll need to be prepared. Knowing what your degree requirements are and if you are fulfilling them, when to complete your Application for Degree, and talking to your advisor will help you prepare for the final steps of your academic experience at the University of Minnesota.
Prepare, apply, and commencement
Prepare to graduate
Apply to graduate
- Set your degree name by updating your personal information.
- Add, verify or update your diploma address to ensure you receive your diploma.
- Apply to graduate by completing your Application for Degree.
- Access the application by going to MyU: Academics then the Degree Progress tab. Click on the Apply to Graduate link.
- Apply to graduate no later than the first day of the month you would like to graduate.
- You may only apply to graduate once.
- The Office of the Registrar assumes when you are prepared to graduate based on your submission. See when you should apply based on the month you intend to graduate.
- If you have questions or need to change your expected graduation term or month after you have applied, please email [email protected].
- Complete your financial aid requirements.
Commencement and after
Commencement is your graduation ceremony. These events are typically planned by your campus. Visit the UMR Commencement page for additional information.
If you are a professional school student, visit your program office or website to obtain detailed information about graduation and graduation dates.