Return to the U

If you plan to return to the University after an absence, there are specific things you'll have to complete before you can register for classes.

A few things to note: 

  • If you completed coursework at another institution during your leave of absence, submit official transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
  • Any holds in place prior to your leave will remain in effect upon your return. For example, if you were on academic probation prior to your leave, you will return to the University on probation.
  • Your college office will determine your eligibility to return, your status in your major or degree program, and confirm the program/degree requirements in effect upon your return.

Return to your undergraduate degree after an absence

Whether you are returning from an approved leave of absence or after you withdrew, you will return to the college, school, or center of your last enrollment. Submit an Undergraduate Application for Readmission/Return from Leave of Absence form at least 2 months before the term starts for which you want to register. More details about returning can be found on the form.

International students

If you're an international student, find specific instructions on returning from a leave of absence from International Student and Scholar Services.

Return from academic suspension

If you were placed on academic suspension and wish to resume your studies at the University, work with your college and/or academic advisor. Readmission to the University is not automatic and is dependent on the reason of your suspension and subsequent changes made.

Graduate and professional program readmission

If you were previously an active graduate or professional student and are currently on inactive status, you will need to seek readmission. Visit the Graduate School to learn about the readmission process, or read about the readmission policy.