When you may need permission to take a class
Some classes may require permission from an instructor or department before you can register. You may need permission if:
- You have not completed course prerequisites.
- Your completed prerequisites are transfer courses.
- You want to register for a closed class or a class that has reserved seats.
- You want to register during the time period when permission is required.
How to get permission
Get permission from the instructor of the class or the department that offers the class. To gain permission, you must complete and submit the Corequisite, Prerequisite or Instructor Permission form. This form will be reviewed by UMR faculty and administrators; you will be emailed a response within 48 hours of submittal. If approved, you will be emailed additional instructions on how to register.
How to enter a permission number
- Log into MyU: Academics.
- Click the Registration sub-tab.
- Click the Register button.
- Select the appropriate term. If you are only eligible to access the Shopping Cart for one term, skip this step.
- Find the class you were provided permission to register for by entering the five-digit class number or by searching.
- Confirm that you have the correct class and select your enrollment preferences.
- Enter the permission number you were given into the Permission Nbr field, and then click the Next button
- The class has been added to your shopping cart. Click the Proceed to Step 2 of 3 button to continue.
- Confirm your class selection, and then click Finish Enrolling.
- View your results. A green checkmark indicates you are successfully enrolled.
To open the guide in a new window, use the full-screen version.