Home > Finances > Tax forms

Tax forms

The University provides the 1098-T form which can assist you with filing for the education tax benefits/tax credit deductions, such as the Lifetime Learning Tax Credit, Hope Scholarship Tax Credit, or the Above-the-Line Tax Deduction for Qualified Higher Education Expenses.

Your 1098-T form will be available electronically in MyU (see step-by-step instructions on how to retrieve it) no later than January 31. Only tax years for which you are eligible to receive a 1098-T will be available for you to view.

Your student loan servicers will provide 1098-E forms directly to you by January 31.

If you are eligible for a 1098-T, and you have confirmed that one has not been generated for you, you may request a 1098-T. You may only request a 1098-T between February 1 and July 10 for the previous tax year. Note: You will need to provide a Social Security Number or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. If you are not filing a tax return with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, you do not need a 1098-T. If you need to document your student account transactions for other purposes, you can generate a registration and fee summary.

For more information, visit the Educational Tax Benefit page.

Related Resources

Important Dates