To view the grade basis for your classes, navigate to the current term on the Grades tab in MyU: Academics. You can change your grade basis through the second week of the term through MyU.
View or change a grade basis
To view or change the current grade basis for your classes, go to MyU: Academics.
Before you decide whether to change a grade basis, consider potential impacts on financial aid, graduate or professional school applications, and/or eligibility for scholarships. Talk with your Student Success Coach to determine potential impacts.
Choosing a grade basis
You may take a course under A-F or S/N (i.e. "pass/fail") grading bases, or you may Audit a course for no grade. In many cases, you can choose your grade basis when you register, but some courses limit the options available.
The University policy states that you cannot take major courses with an S/N grading basis, unless a particular course required by your major is only offered with an S/N grading basis.
Contact your Student Success Coach or your program with questions.
- Log into MyU and select the Academics tab.
- Click the Registration sub-tab.
- Click the Register button.
- Select the edit tab.
- In the Classes you are allowed to edit section, select the class you would like to change, and then click the Proceed to Step 2 of 3 button.
- If you are allowed to change the grading basis, a drop-down menu will appear for you to select a grading option.
- Select the grading option and then click the Next button.
- Confirm your selection, and then click Finish Enrolling.
- View your results. (A green checkmark indicates your change was successful.)
To open the guide in a new window, use the full-screen version.