If you want to enroll in a class for credit, but are not officially admitted into a degree program at the University of Minnesota, you may enroll as a non-degree-seeking student.

To register for undergraduate classes, complete the following:

  1. Browse the Class Search to identify which classes you would like to take.
  2. Email Parry Telander at [email protected] with your request and any unofficial college transcripts for review of prerequisite coursework.
  3. Fill out the Non-Degree Registration Request form, and email it to Parry Telander. Please note that submitting this form does not guarantee enrollment.

As a next step, review tuition and fee costs. Non-degree-seeking students interested in financial aid are generally limited to private student loans only. The University of Minnesota does not promote nor endorse lenders. You may borrow from any lender you choose. FASTChoice is a tool that University of Minnesota students may use to find information on private loans that are available to them. Select the option for non-degree-seeking students when using this tool.

For any questions, contact Parry Telander at [email protected].